Tuesday, November 15, 2011

This and That

I went and saw “J. Edgar” it was excellent, should be some Oscars for this one.  November and December are great months for the movies ( there has been little good all year).  I’m looking forward to “Warhorse” coming in December.  On TV been catching up on “The Closer” it’s been out for 5 years and just discovered it.  Deadwood, Mad Men, and Justified who knows when they’ll be back.

            Warning poker content   POKER TELLS :
Sometime in the 90’s I bought Mike Caro’s Book of Tells,  and promptly lost a boatload acting on the advise therein.   The problem wasn’t his advise it was the games I was in (which were unbelievably good).  The players in my game had no clue as to the strength of their hands.
Here a few easy ones that seem to work for me (most of the time)
·        When someone says “aw sh-t” followed by Bet or Raise best to look out
·        If the food is good at your card room and someone stops eating to play a hand….look out
·        If someone has just gotten even or is ahead and has racked up their chips (getting ready to leave) they are not prone to take a risk unless they have a monster
Movie quote: “IT’S ALIVE”

            Tailgating is my big pet peeve.  I love this clip I saw on the “Slope of Hope”
     

No comments:

Post a Comment