Saturday, November 12, 2011

Whine about wine

I know its been awhile since I have posted which gives me a lot more respect for some of the blogs I read (check out list and links on border).  These folks are more disciplined than I and post on a regular basis.
             
              “Whine about wine” a merchandiser’s paradise, with price points all over the place, and very few wines with any kind of brand identity.   In the seventies I was a marketing rep for a major consumer products company.  My job was to obtain distribution, promotion (advertising and display) and  pricing below my competitors.  All these brands and my competitors were nationally recognized.
            Wine, most of us (low end wine lovers) would have trouble mentioning more than 6 brands of wines.  The liquor stores have aisles of wine stocked with products most of us know nothing about.  Even among recognized brand there is a huge latitude in merchandizing.  I have recently become fond of a box wine (Black Box 3 liter) and have seen prices from 15.98 to 28.98 on the same item.

“Movie Quote of the Day”  submitted by a reader in Wyoming
            “Sometimes nothing can be a real good hand”
Song of the Day from a reader in Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment